Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Real. Estate.

I've been poking around some real estate pages in Italy.


A restored building divided into five apartments with a pool in Umbria for $255,000 . Really?!


And this one (also in Umbria) costs more?

I must be missing something. Edit...I figured it out. That's the price for each apartment in the first example. That makes sense.

Not to worry. I'm not going to pull an "Under the Tuscan Sun" and buy property while I'm there and never come back. But I could pull a George Clooney and buy an extra home like this property on a lake for $0. Or a free castle:


I'm dying to know how much that castle is.


It's funny how this seems rustic and quaint in this setting (two entrances!), but when you put the same elements elsewhere it seems more like urban blight. Italy gets away with a lot in that regard with its primitive charm that's come back into vogue. Can you imagine if these buildings had been mowed down to make way for something new in the last few centuries?

I love this agriturismo property in Assisi for a mere $1,650,000:

No comments: